Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hello And Welcome!

Hi. My name is David (praedurum). My friend Abraham (mad36) and I decided to start a blog dedicated to mostly fantasy basketball and some random basketball news. We're pretty obsessed about it (It constitutes our life over the course of the basketball season [and even the off-season, now that I think about it]), and well- here it is.

So let me tell you how this blog came to be. During the first two weeks of the young 09-10 season, I found myself in two private fantasy leagues (one roto, and one head-to-head) with two different groups of friends. Now I'm a pretty competitive guy, and I like to win. And, naturally, being an avid basketball fan and an ever bigger fan of my fantasy basketball teams, I get pretty obsessive about the numbers that all the players in the league put up. So much so that the performance of my fantasy teams determines my mood for the day. (Admit it. It happens to you, too!) The higher I am in the standings, the happier I am. The lower I fall in the standings, the more pessimistic I become. I actually grow a personal attachment towards my players as well; if they blow up for 40 points and a triple-double, they immediately become my favorite player. If, however, they shoot 1-10 from the field the next day and commit 7 turn-overs, then I suddenly feel the impulse to assassinate them personally when they come to visit Los Angeles for a road game. So goes the life of your average fantasy basketball manager.

So I was in class one day, bored out of mind, trying to think of anything to do to pass the time. So I took out a piece of paper and began to write. What did I write about? Anything. Absolutely anything that was in my mind. And guess what was on my mind? That's right. Fantasy basketball.

So I start writing about fantasy basketball, imitating those experts who write on Yahoo! and ESPN. I don't have the statistics to back up what I say (This isn't helping my ethos, is it?). Neither do I have the background or degrees that these experts do (Gee, I might as well burn myself to the ground already). I'm just a simple fan of the game, and I like to write. I really really enjoy writing about fantasy basketball. I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything. (You can check my trophy case.) So after about 5 pages of writing, an idea comes to mind. Instead of wasting all this paper (my hand was really starting to cramp, but I'd never admit to such a thing), I can put these overflowing brilliant thoughts onto a website (It's so much easier for my hands to type). So I send a text message to my good friend Abe, asking him whether he's down to start up a weblog.

He's down. I'm down. Blog's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment